Your Nav Bar Here

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Stills From Amelie.

In July 2009, I went to Paris. Although I had been there twice before, I had never visited Montmartre or "Red Light District". This time, I was staying in the heart of it, on Rue Veron, right in between the Moulin Rouge and the Moulin de la Galette, on the sixth floor of a Faulty Towers-esque hotel. At first, the quarter intimidated me; prostitutes, pimps and crime a-plenty. But on my second day, while walking back from the bakery around the corner, I peeked into the café literally across the road from our hotel. I recognised it immediately: Café Des Deux Moulins from the film Amelie. It goes without saying that we stopped into it everyday after that! I always felt I had a connection with Paris (my grandmother was a Moulin Rouge dancer), but that café cemented it. I even stole a spoon from it, so I could recreate the Amelie movie poster whenever I want!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Dublin, Ireland
I am a Fine Art student and I sometimes blog my ~illustrations~ on the internet. Sweet. http://www.annemoloney.tumblr.com https://twitter.com/annemoloney